Bridal Shower. What are they?
I had heard of Baby Shower and Hen Night but not a Bridal Shower.
So what is it?
A bridal shower is a gift-giving party held for a bride-to-be in anticipation of her wedding. The history of the custom is rooted not necessarily for the provision of goods for the upcoming matrimonial home, but to provide goods and financial assistance to ensure the wedding may take place.
Who arranges it?
The bridal shower is usually hosted by the bridesmaids, the bride or groom's mother, or other close female relatives. No matter who is hosting, be sure to communicate clearly to make sure you aren't planning two separate showers!
Inspirational bridal shower gift ideas:
- Bed linen, either in a sexy satin finish or in a fun outrageous design such as tiger or leopard prints.
- Shake it up with a cocktail maker and a cocktail recipe book which can provide hours of fun for the bride, along with imaginative ways to seduce her hubby.
- Fragranced candles help to create an intimate atmosphere – cedar wood, vanilla, jasmine and cinnamon are all excellent choices to heat up the newlyweds’ home.
- A coffee table book with photos of the couple’s honeymoon destination or another place that is special to them is a luxury item for the marital home.
- A cute breakfast in bed tray and a breakfast recipe book could also make the weekend mornings more fun.
- A deluxe dressing robe to be used when the bride gets ready on the morning of her wedding. Have the pocket embroidered with her new initials.
- A massage is the ideal way to reduce pre wedding tension. Look for home based treatments or buy a voucher for day at a local spa.
- Sweet pyjamas are an alternative to sexy underwear, and are ideal for those relaxing Sunday mornings in bed.
- Racy lingerie is the obvious choice for a bridal shower present, and negligees are a safe but glamorous option. Ask the host for the bride’s size.
- Bubble bath or massage oils are always a bridal shower winner. Have these presented in a beautiful hamper for the bathroom.
- Subscribe to a magazine or club that appeals to the taste of the bride. Home décor magazines are usually a good choice for a newly married woman.
- Beachwear for the honeymoon such as a beach bag and towel, or co-ordinating flip flops and sarong will encourage the bride to get packing before the wedding.
- A dance class is a great shower gift. The couple can use it before the big day to perfect their first dance, or to learn a fiery tango when they return from honeymoon.
- There are many ideas you can explore and share.
- Why not tell us what you would like to see in a bridal shower?